DPS Trinkets.

I know I know... I should continue complaining about casters global'ing people in the arenas while I have over 1350 resilience... but these trinkets are absolutely staggeringly overpowered. Let's take a look at the NORMAL Deathbringer's Will. It has naturally 155 Armor Penetration, which is unquestionably a good stat for most melees... definitely one of the best stats for Warriors... but it also has a proc that can give 600 or 1200 attack power.

Sorry, what? 1200 attack power from a proc? That's right... the NORMAL version gives the equivalent of 3 simultaneous berserking procs. Now, let's ignore for a moment that Ferals scale with raw attack power abysmally because of the travesty that is Feral Attack Power as a stat; this is still a huge amount of attack power for any class (wielding 11k AP or not)... let alone classes who are balanced around low AP (or normal AP... it's hard to explain this as/to a Feral).

Let's take my Rogue, for example, and see what that would do. He's wearing 5/5 Furious with full Wrathful off-pieces (and both Wrathful T1 weapons... Roguing is so easy). He has, in most PvP settings, around 5k attack power. This trinket basically reads "Chance on hit: gives you 25% of your attack power on as a buff." Woof... particularly as an Envenom spec, that makes this a fairly formidable buff. I can already get 8k Envenom crits against warriors... another 25% attack power on top would just make that number even sillier.

Which is basically my point... why would Blizz think it is a good idea to give someone a chance to become CRAZY damage dealing for a moment or two on a semi-long cooldown!? Nothing else really gives these kinds of bonuses; least of all PvP rewards...

Which brings me nicely to my next point. I'm rocking a Battlemaster's trinket as my secondary. This trinket gives me a 5k self-heal(ish) cooldown to go to when I'm being focused, which is good, but if my partners are being focused instead of me, then it's a wasted trinket. Sure, it gives 150ish attack power as well... but as a Feral, that's just not very good... let's try and put this into perspective:

* A trinket that gives me a 15% (~5k / ~32k) heal button and ~1.4% of my attack power (150 / 11,000)

OR

* A trinket that gives me ~150 ArP (which isn't very good unless you have more) and a proc that gives 1/10 of my AP (1,200 / 11,000)

Again... we're ignoring how abysmally Ferals scale with raw attack power (which the trinket technically doesn't give... it's 600 agi or 600 str or 600 haste... the Haste proc is largely useless), but you cannot deny that one trinket is LEAPS AND BOUNDS stronger than the other.

However, I haven't run any PvE on my Feral since ToC was "new" content (read: boring content... had this cleared on 10man first week... farmed it for about 5 weeks... then we disbanded cuz PvE is annoying). That being said, my choice in trinkets for PvP use is limited to Mjolnir's Runestone (which isn't a terrible idea... but definitely not a great one either) or the Battlemaster's...

Maybe I should start raiding again...

We ARE getting to the point where PvP is getting annoying. If you check my armory, I even picked up a Moonkin off-spec for funsies. Guntir is entering his "burn phase" of his Masters semester, so his projects are all coming to a head right now and he'll have less and less time to play. Maybe I should start getting into non-fail ICC25 groups and trying at a potential trinket drop while we wait for more Cataclysm info...

On the subject of Cataclysm... I either ate a 3day ban from the forums or their system is messed up. I occassionally get these instances where it says "none of your accounts can post" but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. So, I'll just wait it out and try to get some work done... I have a 3-day contract I need to get cracking on... but I also want to post about stuff on the forums. My problem is that I don't know why I would have eaten a ban... I didn't post in any Alpha-info threads and I have been trying to keep my posting as cordial as possible...

I think one of the CMs just hates me... hard to tell.